For the riders who churn out the miles on week-long trips all over the nation, this is the new long-distance touring bike that others will be chasing for years. Pack everything you need, take to the road, and relax for days.
The 2013 Cross Country Tour provides riders with outstanding long-riding comfort, wind and weather protection, and 41.1 gallons of storage – the most of any production motorcycle in the world. This bike has two large saddlebags that offer weatherproof storage, a roomy trunk and two convenient front storage compartments within easy reach of the pilot. The Cross Country Tour also has the exclusive Victory Comfort Control System: Adjustable upper and lower air controls that give the pilot maximum control of the airflow from the front end of the bike. The air controls can be closed for full protection in cold or rain, and opened for direct cooling airflow to the riders when it’s warm. With the 5.8-gallon (22.0-liter) fuel capacity and world’s largest storage capacity, the 2013 Cross Country Tour lets you pack everything you need to ride for weeks.
Victory Comfort Control System
The exclusive Victory Comfort Control System gives a rider unprecedented control over airflow. In warm weather, the air controls can be adjusted to provide cooling airflow. In cold, wind or rain, the controls can be closed for full weather protection. The Victory Comfort Control System (VCCS) consists of:
• Upper Air Controls that let a rider to control the volume and direction of airflow to the upper body. Mounted at the base of the fairing, these controls pivot to provide cooling airflow or to block air from reaching the riders.
• Lower Air Controls open and close the front of the hard lowers to let a rider control the volume of airflow to the legs. Opened, they let cooling airflow reach riders’ legs. Closed, they block airflow and rain to keep riders’ legs warm and dry.
• Complementing the Victory Comfort Control System is a Tall Touring Windshield that provides outstanding wind, rain and road debris protection as well as excellent visibility.
Specially Equipped Hard Lowers: The hard lowers host the Lower Air Controls and have convenient 1-gallon capacity storage compartments within easy reach of the pilot. The left front compartment has an iPod® cord that connects an iPod/MP3 player with the bike’s integrated audio system, and a 12V accessory power outlet. The lowers are mounted on tubular highway bars that provide low-speed tip-over protection. Rear tip-over protection is provided by strong, frame-mounted bars near the base of the saddlebags.
Weather Protection & Great Audio: The fork-mounted fairing provides excellent weather protection, houses the instrumentation and features an integrated audio system.
• AM/FM and Weather band radio are standard, as is the iPod cord in the left hard lower; satellite radio is available as an accessory.
• Instrumentation includes an analog speedometer and tachometer, fuel gauge, odometer, indicator lights, temperature gauge, clock and trip computer functions.
Lock & Ride® Trunk: The color-matched Lock & Ride® trunk provides 17.7 gallons of secure, weatherproof storage in a space large enough for two full-face helmets. On the front face of the lockable trunk is a padded passenger backrest and two audio speakers. With Victory-exclusive Lock & Ride® technology, the trunk can be installed or removed quickly and easily in minutes.
Heated Grips & Heated Seats: The pilot has heated hand grips with Hi/Lo settings, and the bike has a comfortable, 2-up touring seat with separate Hi/Lo heat controls for the pilot and passenger.
Adustable-Height Passenger Floorboards: Passenger floorboard height can be adjusted quickly and easily to any of three positions over a range of 2”. The floorboard surface can also be tipped at a 10° angle for comfort.
• Freedom® 106/6 V-Twin: 106 ft.-lb. of torque
• SOHC 4-valve heads
• Hydraulically adjusted valves
• Self-adjusting cam chain tensioner
• Air- and oil-cooled engine for reliable cooling in all conditions
• 6-speed transmission with overdrive
• Carbon fiber-reinforced drive belt
• Cruise Control is standard
• 5.8-gallon/22.0-liter fuel capacity
Smooth Ride & Handling
Load a Cross Country Tour with cargo and two riders and it delivers the same smooth, easy, consistently predictable handling it provides for a solo rider.
• The bike has a strong two-piece, sand-cast hollow aluminum frame that runs along the top of the bike like a spine.
• The engine is rigid-mounted to the frame, making it a stressed member of the chassis and providing superb torsional rigidity for true tracking through corners at speed.
• Air shock-equipped rear suspension has 4.7” (120mm) of travel.
• Low 26.25” (667mm) seat height.
• Long pilot floorboards let a rider adjust feet and legs to stay fresh on long runs.
• The toe-only shifter keeps the rear of the left floorboard open for foot movement; an accessory bolt-on heel shifter is available.
Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS): The non-linked ABS provides a Cross Country Tour rider with confidence-inspiring braking. Sensors on each wheel monitor wheel speed, and if they sense slippage or wheel lock, the ABS provides instant, effective braking to slow the vehicle and keep the rider in control.
Pure Victory Accessories for the Cross Country Tour include: Trunk Cargo Rack, Trunk Liner, Saddlebag Liners, Passenger Armrest Kit, pilot’s backrest, Tri-Oval Stage 1 Exhaust and more.